E-mail to email@example.com
Downgrade Requests: If you are emailing FMCSA with a request to downgrade a DOT non-negative drug test, please CAREFULLY review the information below and resubmit your request per the instructions.
- When submitting your downgrade request make the subject of your email the following: DOT Downgrade Request for Driver Name. For example, if the request being submitted is for a driver named Patricia Smith, the email title should be: DOT Downgrade Request for Patricia Smith.
- DO NOT include any social security numbers on any submitted documents. If a document contains a social security number– remove it prior to submitting.
- Review the checklist below. Ensure ALL parts of the below checklist are included in your request (NOTE: Requests from MROs only require the first two items). Include a copy of the complete checklist with your submission. A complete requestMUSTinclude the following:
- A copy of the custody and control form (CCF)
- A copy of the positive test result
- A copy of the driver’s CDL or CLP driver’s or non-commercial license
- A statement from the Designated Employer’s Representative (DER) including:
- The DER’s title and contact information (including e-mail address)
- The name of the driver and whether the driver possesses a CDL or CLP and operates CDL vehicles on public roads
- The job function the driver was hired to perform, and whether the driver may be called upon at any time, on an occasional or emergency basis, to operate a CDL vehicle, even if not a part of his regular duties
- The reasons the DOT non-negative drug test should be downgraded to a non-DOT test result
- A corrective action plan (a detailed plan on how the employer will prevent the incorrect test from being administered in the future)
- The name and address of the employer.
- A complete copy of this checklist.
*Please note – Incomplete requests will not be processed.