Drugs and an efficient workplace are like oil and water– they simply don’t mix! Some businesses have a loose policy on the matter and unfortunately, it’s human nature to take advantage of that type of leniency. If you really don’t want drugs in your workplace, it’s not enough to just say it, you have to show it with your actions.
Benefits of a Drug-Free Workplace
- One major benefit that our clients enjoy is the insurance discounts, rebates and other incentives that come with a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Choosing a Drug-Free Workplace is essentially like taking an insurance policy out on your business. The only difference is that you are not preparing for an accident– you’re eliminating it before it occurs!
- Businesses with a Drug-Free Workplace report higher attendance rates, more efficient performance, and fewer on-site accidents than those who do not.
- The unfortunate reality is that for most businesses, one accident, financial issue, or breach of confidentiality can jeopardize your entire financial future.
Components of a Drug-Free Workplace
- A Written Policy- If you are a DOT employer, your business is subject to compliance audits and other regulations. A consistent written policy is a critical component of a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Employee Education- Employee education and an open line of communication on that education is beneficial for all parties. You want to learn what your employees find helpful and provide them with more of that type of information. You want them to know that their health and wellness is a priority to you and your company.
- Supervisor Training- Your managers and supervisors are going to be the ones that can potentially save your business from costly mistakes. Our team of experts can train them on warning signs to look for in employees that are under the influence.
- Employee Assistance Program- Employees who are dismissed due to drug use can seek help through these programs. They can also find a path back to employment and a better future than a life of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Drug Testing- We provide a number of different drug and alcohol testing options which include, but are not limited to: 5, 10 and 12 panel tests as well as EtG alcohol testing and hair follicle testing.
If you have any questions related to how a Drug-Free Workplace can benefit your business, the National Drug Screening team would love to help! Just call 1-866-843-4545 and one of our friendly customer service representatives will assist you.