Tom Fulmer has quite a diverse background. He has an Accounting Degree from the University of Alabama, he is a former Tennis Pro, and he built 4 companies between 1994 and 2015. Tom was a professional speaker and owner of a corporate training company where he trained thousands of people across the country in sales, effective communication, and the always popular “Dealing with Difficult People”.
Tom currently serves as the Vice President of Business Development for National Drug Screening, a nationwide leader in drug testing and top provider of drug testing software and employer and collector training. In March of 2016, Tom completed additional certifications to become a Trainer of Supervisors for DOT and non-DOT regulated companies.
In 2017 and 2018, his training programs won HR.com Top 10 “Best Customer Service Leadership Training Program” awards and in 2018, he won a top 10 award for “Best Sales Leadership Training Program”. Tom also conducts training for employers and industry partners on a variety of both business and industry specific topics.
Tom has also provided consulting, speaking engagements and training programs for many organizations including the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Chapters and Conferences, the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA), the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), the National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA), Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA) and numerous Chambers of Commerce and business associations.
Some Other Highlights of Tom’s Career Include:
- Member of Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA) – Current Board Member – Promotes standards in the administration of workplace substance abuse prevention programs through education and training
- Member of National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA) – Advocating for safe and drug-free workplaces and communities through legislative advocacy, education, training and excellence in drug and alcohol testing services
- Training – Drug & Alcohol Industry Testing Industry Association (DATIA) instructor for Certified Collector Training Program (CPCT)
- Past board member of the Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Current member of the Better Business Advisory Council – Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Member – the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA)
- Member – National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA)
- Member – SHRM and South Brevard SHRM Chapter
- Former board member of the Florida Mortgage Brokers Association, Yellow Umbrella, Melbourne Police Foundation and others
Over the Years, Mr. Fulmer has Presented at Many Industry Conferences Including:
- Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA) 2017, 2018
- National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA) – 2019
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS)
- 2018 Mid-Year Legislative Conference
- 2018 Annual Conference
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association – 2017
- Numerous Webinars for the above and other organizations
Most Recent Published Articles, Webinars and Previous Speaking Topics
- Opioids and Other Drugs at Work: An Increasing Challenge for Employers
- Systematize Your Business to Improve Customer Experience and Increase Sales
- Workplace Negativity: Tips for Defeating Defeatists in Your Organization
- What I Learned from MRO Training
- Clearing the Haze: Marijuana Legislation & Workplace Drug Testing
- DOT Supervisor Training and Reasonable Suspicion Training
- DOT Specimen Collector Training
- Specimen Collector Best Practices and How-To Review
- NDS How to Sell Without Selling
- Training Games to Educate and Motivate
- Escaping Business Mediocrity: Keys to Growth & Sustainability
- Boost Your Image as an Expert
- Plus, numerous videos and interviews – check out the NDS YouTube channel.
VOLUSIA/FLAGLER SHRM CHAPTER ANNOUNCES TOM FULMER TO SPEAK AT FIRST MEETING OF 2019
The Volusia/Flagler Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management announces that Tom Fulmer, Vice President of Business Development for National Drug Screening, Inc. and former professional speaker will be presenting at the 2019 Chapter meeting in Daytona Beach Florida.
The topic for the January Chapter meeting Clearing the Haze: Marijuana Legislation & Workplace Drug Testing which will focus on both recreational and medical marijuana issues in the workplace. The meeting is being held at the LPGA International Clubhouse 1000 Champions Drive, Daytona Beach, FL 32124. Check in and networking begins at 7:45am with the meeting beginning at 8am and ending at 9:30 am.
When asked about the program, Tom Fulmer stated, “Many people have heard of medical marijuana or recreational marijuana and attempts at the Federal level to make marijuana legal and there are debates on both sides about whether marijuana should be legal. No matter what your position or opinion though, business owner or managers, have decisions to make and those should be made sooner rather later. Otherwise, they may be exposing themselves to liability.”
Some of the points that Tom will address include
- how marijuana laws may affect the company and its’ policies,
- recent court cases and their impact on the workplace,
- the types of drug testing you can and should be utilizing, and
- implications and potential pitfalls of keeping or dropping Marijuana from a workplace testing program.
As of November 2018, Recreational marijuana is legal in 10 states and medical marijuana is legal in 33 states. The laws vary greatly from state to state and court cases have added additional complexity to the mix. Combine that with the fact the Marijuana is illegal federally and that leaves many employers uncertain what to do.
About Volusia/Flagler SHRM
Chartered in November 1997, the Volusia/Flagler Chapter began meeting in January 1998 with 18 members and now have over 100 professional members representing over 60 local employers. They are proud to be a 100% Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management which means every member of the local chapter is also an individual member of the National SHRM Organization. Chapter meetings are typically held on the third Wednesday of every month in addition to frequent networking social events. For more information, visit https://volusiaflagler.shrm.org.
A Little More about Tom Fulmer on a Personal Level
Tom and his wife Amy have 2 dogs, Rex and Bonnie, and they are all supporters of many community organizations such as Central Brevard Humane Society, Florida Wildlife hospital and more. Tom is a member of several sports and competition organizations including Brevard Archers, Fee Avenue Tennis Center, United States Tennis Association (USTA), United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA Elite Pro), Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club, United States Practical Shooters Association (USPSA), International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA), and he is a big Alabama Crimson Tide Fan!