Tom Fulmer, Vice President of Business Development at National Drug Screening
Tom Fulmer has quite a diverse background. He has an Accounting Degree from the University of Alabama, he is a former Tennis Pro, and he built 4 companies between 1994 and 2015. Tom was a professional speaker and owner of a corporate training company where he trained thousands of people across the country in sales, effective communication, and the ever popular “Dealing with Difficult People”.
Tom currently serves is the Vice President of Business Development for National Drug Screening, a nationwide leader in drug testing and top provider of drug testing software and employer and collector training.
In 2017 and 2018, his training programs won HR.com Top 10 “Best Customer Service Leadership Training Program” awards and in 2018, he won a top 10 award for “Best Sales Leadership Training Program”. Tom also conducts training for employers and industry partners on a variety of both business and industry specific topics.
Tom has also provided consulting, speaking engagements and training programs for many organizations including the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Chapters and Conferences, the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA), the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), the National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA), Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA) and numerous Chambers of Commerce and business associations.
Some Other Highlights of Tom's Career Include:
- Member of Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA) - Current Board Member - Promotes standards in the administration of workplace substance abuse prevention programs through education and training
- Member of National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA) - Advocating for safe and drug-free workplaces and communities through legislative advocacy, education, training and excellence in drug and alcohol testing services
- Training - Drug & Alcohol Industry Testing Industry Association (DATIA) instructor for Certified Collector Training Program (CPCT)
- Past board member of the Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Current member of the Better Business Advisory Council - Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Member - the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA)
- Member - National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA)
- Member - SHRM and South Brevard SHRM Chapter
- Former board member of the Florida Mortgage Brokers Association, Yellow Umbrella, Melbourne Police Foundation and others
Over the Years, Mr. Fulmer has Presented at Many Industry Conferences Including:
- Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA) 2017, 2018
- National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA) - 2019
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS)
- 2018 Mid-Year Legislative Conference
- 2018 Annual Conference
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association - 2017
- Numerous Webinars for the above and other organizations
Most Recent Published Articles, Webinars and Previous Speaking Topics
- Opioids and Other Drugs at Work: An Increasing Challenge for Employers
- Systematize Your Business to Improve Customer Experience and Increase Sales
- Workplace Negativity: Tips for Defeating Defeatists in Your Organization
- What I Learned from MRO Training
- Clearing the Haze: Marijuana Legislation & Workplace Drug Testing
- DOT Supervisor Training and Reasonable Suspicion Training
- DOT Specimen Collector Training
- Specimen Collector Best Practices and How-To Review
- NDS How to Sell Without Selling
- Training Games to Educate and Motivate
- Escaping Business Mediocrity: Keys to Growth & Sustainability
- Boost Your Image as an Expert
- Plus, numerous videos and interviews - check out the NDS YouTube channel.
A Little More about Tom Fulmer on a Personal Level
Tom and his wife Amy have 2 dogs, Rex and Bonnie, and they are all supporters of many community organizations such as Central Brevard Humane Society, Florida Wildlife hospital and more. Tom is a member of several sports and competition organizations including Brevard Archers, Fee Avenue Tennis Center, United States Tennis Association (USTA), United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA Elite Pro), Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club, United States Practical Shooters Association (USPSA), International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA), and he is a big Alabama Crimson Tide Fan!