- Hydrocodone: Vicodin®’, Lorcet®’, Lortab®’, Hycodan®’
- Hydromorphone: Dilaudid®’
- Oxycodone: Endocet®’, Endodan®’, Percocet®’, Percodan®’, OxyContin®’,
- OxyFast®’, OxyIR®’, Roxicet®’, Tylox®’
- Oxymorphone: Numorphan®’
What are some of the street names for OxyContin?
- 40, 80 (dosage sizes), Blue, Hillbilly Heroin, Kicker, OC’s, Oxy, Oxycotton11
How is OxyContin abused?
- OxyContin is a sustained-release oxycodone only product that is available in higher-doses than the combination products that are typically formulated with aspirin or acetaminophen. Consequently, it is more susceptible to abuse –abusers either chew or crush the tablets to bypass the timed-release formulation. The crushed drug may then be either snorted or injected.
Why is OxyContin abused?
- It is abused to achieve a heroin-like euphoric high without the withdrawal symptoms associated with heroin.
How is OxyContin obtained?
- One of the most popular ways of obtaining OxyContin is by doctor shopping where an abuser will visit many different doctors with real or imagined ailments to obtain prescriptions. Diversion from physicians and pharmacies, theft, fraudulent prescriptions, and illicit Internet distribution are other sources of illegal OxyContin and other prescription opiates.