Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 10:50 am
… Why should employers implement drug testing and drug free workplace programs?
There are several good reasons primarily for the health and safety of your employees, customers and the general public. Drug users do not make good employees. Many employers think they know all their employees and they could not possibly be using drugs. This is the far from the truth, consider these facts:
- In 2012, an estimated 23.9 million Americans aged 12 or older were current illicit drug users
- This represents 9.2 percent of the population aged 12 or older, folks who have jobs
- Drug users steal, are less productive, cause accidents, are late, are absent and have high turnover
- Employee morale increases when the drug users are weeded out
- A positive drug test after an employee accident may allow you to deny a workers comp claim, this can save your company and the insurance company both a lot of money
Act now to provide a safe and productive workforce!