Last updated on October 2nd, 2020 at 09:56 am
- Few things are becoming as commonplace as the use of drug screenings in the workplace. Whether it’s an initial employee screening before hiring or a random drug test to ensure that your employees are maintaining a drug free workplace, it’s important that you use drug screenings the right way.
It’s not easy to see just why drug screenings are so important, but a few basic points can show you what the benefits of doing so are and why they’re worth focusing on. Here’s a look at the main benefits you and your business can enjoy as a result of using drug screenings.
- Better Employee Hiring – With initial drug screenings in place as part of your hiring process, you can quickly and easily identify which employees are the right ones for your team and which will not be adequate. Initial drug screenings help you hire the right talent for your business.
- Higher Level of Safety In The Workplace – Knowing that a random drug test could be administered means that employees stay safer at work. There is no risk of an intoxicated employee causing issues at work due to their drug abuse, which in turn means that your entire property stays safer and easier for your team to feel good about.
- Fewer Attendance Issues – Drugs can trigger a lot of issues, and one of them is certainly attendance. When employees are abusing drugs it’s common for them to miss days at work, show up late, leave early, and more. But when you use random drug test policies you can improve these attendance issues immediately.
- Fewer Compliance Issues – Compliance issues are another big problem for businesses. But when you set up a drug testing policy you can improve all employees’ compliance and keep your business on the right side of legal regulations, no matter what they may be.
- Better Productivity – All in all, sober employees are employees who can turn in a better on the job performance every single time. When you use drug tests you’re able to keep your business safe and keep it running at its peak as well.
All in all, making the right decisions when it comes to using pre-hiring and random drug test protocols can have a huge impact on the bottom line of your business and its future. It’s a low cost way to get better results from your employees and make sure that your business is able to thrive. Simply put, no employer can afford to ignore what a random drug test policy can have on your business.