As an employer, are you regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)? If yes, we hope you are aware of the new FMCSA Clearinghouse. As of January 6, 2020, you must be registered in the Clearinghouse and you must Query any new drivers you are hiring. These drivers must also be registered into the Clearinghouse and must provide consent to this query. You must receive back the cleared query prior to allowing the driver to perform safety sensitive duties.
Clearinghouse Consultation and Assistance is Available
Your MRO will report positive drug test results. There are 5 major employer responsibilities in the Clearinghouse. ClearinghouseServices.com can help you with those employer responsibilities while providing ongoing consultation and guidance with the Clearinghouse.
ClearinghouseServices.com offers services to employers and to service agents in the DOT drug and alcohol testing program. Employers five main obligations regarding the Clearinghouse are:
- Queries of new drivers
- Annual queries of all existing drivers
- Reporting alcohol test positives, employer determined refusals to test and actual knowledge, as defined in Part § 382.107
- Reporting negative return to duty tests and completion of follow up testing programs
- Updating policies and education programs to notify drivers of what information will be reported to the Clearinghouse
Employers who do not comply with the Clearinghouse requirements are subject to civil and/or criminal penalties not to exceed $2,500 for each offense.
Now through 12/31/2019. This is a great opportunity to stay compliant, get the job done and save money. Use Coupon Code – 2019DISCOUNT – to receive the 50% off all services from ClearinghouseServices.com. Additional discounts are available to clients of National Drug Screening – call 877-345-2425 and ask for the NDS discount.
ClearinghouseServices.com offers three levels of membership to employers for queries, reporting, assistance, guidance and consultation.
- Owner Operator Membership
- Silver Membership for employers with up to 20 drivers
- Gold Membership for employers with 21 + drivers
Now is the time to get ready for the FMCSA Clearinghouse, reach out for assistance at 877-345-2425 or email@example.com