Mississippi drug testing centers are open daily and provide drug and alcohol testing for individuals.
Your drug test can be scheduled today with one easy phone call. Drug testing locations are available and convenient to where you live and work. An easy process – it is confidential and secure.
You can count on National Drug Screening for a secure, confidential and accurate drug test. Drug testing with hair and urine are available. EtG alcohol testing is available. This 5-Panel Drug test is the most common and will detect the following illegal drugs: THC (Marijuana), Cocaine (Crack), Methamphetamine (Meth), Amphetamine (Speed), Phencyclidine (PCP), and Opiates (Morphine). Call today to schedule a drug test today in all areas of Mississippi.
Drug testing is available for: court ordered programs, probation, legal cases, divorce, child custody and required testing for colleges and universities.
All major laboratories are utilized including Labcorp, Quest Diagnostics, Alere Toxicology, Clinical Reference Labs (CRL) and Medtox. All laboratory patient service centers and collection sites are available for immediate testing.
Negative drug test results are available next business day after specimen collection. Your results are reported back to you with fast turnaround by e-mail, fax, or US Mail.
Call Now For Drug Testing In All Areas of Mississippi - 866-843-4545
Employers in Mississippi can test for drugs as follows: Amphetamine, marijuana, cocaine, phencyclidine, methadone, methaqualone, opiates, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, propoxyphene, or their metabolites and other controlled substances with federal cut-off levels established. All drug test results in Mississippi must be reported through a Medical Review Officer (MRO).
Mississippi has a voluntary drug testing law that provides limited legal protections to employers that conduct drug and alcohol testing in compliance with the guidelines contained in the statute. The Drug-Free Workplace Workers' Compensation Premium Reduction Act, Miss. Code Ann. §71-3- 201 through 225 (Supp. 1998), became effective July 1, 1997.
A 5% workers’ compensation discount program is also available and administered directly by insurers. To qualify for this program employer must have:
- A written substance abuse policy.
- A substance abuse testing program. You must conduct pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing.
- Employee Assistance Program. You must provide and EAP or some means of posting treatment facilities in your area.
- Employee education. You must provide two hours of employee drug free workplace education per year.
- Supervisor training. You must provide two hours of supervisor drug free workplace education per year on how to recognize and document drug abuse in the workplace.
It is the insurer's obligation to determine whether the employer's drug-free workplace program is substantially in compliance with the Act so as to qualify for the premium discount.
The Mississippi Drug Free Workplace program requires specific employee education and supervisor training.
Employee Education Requirements (1 hour required):
- The explanation of the disease model of addiction for alcohol and drugs.
- The effects and dangers of the commonly abused substances in the workplace.
- The policies of the company and procedures regarding substance abuse in the workplace and how employees who wish to obtain substance abuse treatment can do so.
Supervisor Training Requirement (2 hours per year):
- How to recognize signs of employee substance abuse.
- How to document and corroborate signs of employee substance abuse.
- How to refer substance abusing employees to the proper treatment providers.
- How to explain any employee health insurance or HMO coverage for alcohol/drug problems.
In Mississippi, employees testing positive or refusal to test may forfeit eligibility for unemployment payments. Injured employees after a positive or refusal to test on a post-accident testing event may forfeit eligibility for workers' compensation medical payments and indemnity payments. Employers must follow the Mississippi drug free workplace program to get these benefits.
Insurers and employers in Mississippi have greater latitude to conduct alcohol and drug tests on employees following a workplace accident. Under the previous law, an employer had to prove that drugs or alcohol were the cause of the accident if an injured worker tested positive. The current law in Mississippi shifts that burden of proof so that it is presumed that the misuse of alcohol, illegal drugs or prescription drugs is the cause of the accident unless otherwise proven by the injured worker.
Mississippi employers’ can save huge amounts of money if a workers comp claim can be denied. Never use a fill in the blank drug free workplace policy, always have a policy written by a professional and have it reviewed by your attorney.
Do you need to order a drug test today in Mississippi? Look no further as immediate service is available for court ordered drug testing for drugs with urine or hair. EtG alcohol testing is available along with hair follicle testing and urine alcohol testing. Order a drug test today.